01 Apr Window Safety: Fall Protection Devices
Parents have expressed a desire for hardware that can allow casement windows to vent, while offering peace of mind that children will not fall out of open windows.
The Fall Protection Device:
- Allows casement windows to be secured in an open position of few centimeters.
- Is easily unlatched to allow full opening
- Automatically re-latches when closed
- Is available on most Megrame International Casement and Tilt&turn window options.
Megrame International offers two options for fall protection devices:
– Integrated in the friction hinge
– Restrictor catch
Securistyle Defender Restricted Friction hinge for safety:
- Built-in mechanism limits initial opening
- Extended enclosed end cap to enhance weather sealing
- Complies with BS 6375-2 and EN 13126-5
- Built-in release lever allows the window to be fully opened for easy cleaning, total ventilation
- Restrictor automatically relocates and resets when the window is closed
- Available in ferritic* and austenitic* stainless steel for enhanced corrosion resistance
- 10 or 12 Year Guarantee dependant on material selection (details available upon request)
*Standard ferritic steel to BS EN 10088-2 Grade 1.4016 or Austenitic stainless steel to BS EN 10088-2 Grade 1.4301 for enhanced corrosion resistance.
Data sheet DRSD_Defender_Restricted_Rev4_0514
Spring Loaded safety and security catch for outwards and inwards opening windows
- Gives up to a maxiumum of 50mm opening providing an element of ventilation and child safety
- For easy release from secure position pull window back and hold the spring loaded arm to release catch
- Catch automaticlly engages studplate upon closing